Yay it's pumpkin season! What's better than celebrating with some tasty pumpkin cookies? Contributed by Anna K. from Nashua, New Hampshire. Makes roughly 2 dozen cookies.
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh cooked pumpkin
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine with electric mixer the butter, brown sugar & orange zest.
3.Add the pumpkin, egg yolk, and vanilla.
4. Gradually add the flour and spices.
5. Mix with your hands to create a soft dough.
6. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Divide dough into two pieces.
8. Roll out each piece to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface.
9. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
10. Place on un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
11. Decorate with favorite frosting and candies.