|One of our bad ones.
Middle son asking if we can be done,
oldest screaming because baby is pulling his hair,
baby screaming because oldest is.
It is this Sunday, and if you are freaking out right now, then just breath! I’ve got you covered. Here are some super easy, quick, and cheap Father’s Day presents that you can whip up and look like you totally planned this out long in advance.
1. Do a photo shoot of your kids. Yes, I realize this could end up in a disaster, I’ve been doing it since I had my first son. I give my hubby one pic each year for him to hang up in his cubicle. The rest I show him on a CD, or now he puts them on his digital frame. We laugh about some of the “bad” ones. They turn out to be the best memories.
2. Make a Beer Mug, or Root Beer Mug. You can get a beer stein, and fill it with caramel hard candies, then top it with large marshmellows! It looks like a beer! My hubby is not a beer drinker, so I made a Root Beer before. Same idea, but instead of caramel hard candies, I went to the bulk food store, and picked up “gummy colas”. I filled the A&W Root Beer Mug I bought with gummy cola’s, and topped with Marshmellows! It was a huge hit, and took very little time to purchase items and fill.
3. Make a Tie Card. We actually made these at our Mommy & Me group previously. It was fun, and we made several for family members, and they all thought they were cute! They were easy to assemble and the boys could just decorate them.
4. Make book marks. I purchase card stock, let the kids paint the paper, or colour however they would like. They just go wild, and then I cut up the paper into strips. Each person (say grandparents, and dad’s), get a unique one of a kind bookmark. If I want to get fancy, I punch a whole in the top, and tie a ribbon, or peice of yarn. Voila! I put the child’s name and age on the back, with the date.
5. Make a Gift Basket. I know you are thinking, what?? I have a couple of days. But just throw the kids in the car, go to the nearest walmart (or your favourite store), and grab all of dad’s favourite snacks, and treats! Throw them in a Basket, and put the clear wrap on and voila!